The New York Times tech advice column has some good tips on prolonging your smartphone’s battery life:
- After making sure your phone’s operating system and apps are up to date, restart the phone.
- Keep your phone cool. Don’t let it sit in temperatures that are higher than 95 degrees. Remove the protective cover if necessary.
- Close apps that operate in the background.
- Turn down the screen’s brightness.
- Switching off wallpapers, putting the phone in Airplane Mode or disabling its Location Services feature can also add more minutes to your battery’s charge.